I recently wrapped another great interview with Marketing Master, Keith Finger. You might be asking yourself why I’m interviewing a marketing guy on my Sales Mastery Series, and it is because of my firm belief that Sales and Marketing must stop taking about how critical it is that they align their business strategies and actually do it.
As Keith told me, it’s not your father’s marketing anymore. Salespeople often complain about marketing, but the fact is that effective marketing plays an important role in a company’s success. But companies must understand today’s marketing and the balance of power in the prospect/vendor relationship. During our interview, Keith and I talked how marketing has changed, what that means for salespeople, and things companies should do to improve their marketing function.
He is the founder of TransformCMO, which helps B2B companies that are in a revenue rut unstick what’s stuck and get on the road to revenue generation success. The firm takes a holistic approach to marketing, looking at all factors within a company and in the marketplace that can affect revenue generation and retention. His work has brought him to around the world, to more than 20 countries in Europe and Asia.
When you listen to the interview, you’ll learn:
- How Keith defines today’s marketing, because it means lots of different things depending on who you ask.
- How marketing has changed and why marketers need to adapt like never before.
- Sales and marketing alignment and bridging the gap that has long existed in many companies.
- About agile marketing and what that means for your business.
- What companies can do to improve their marketing to better meet the needs of a changed customer and buying process.
Enjoy the interview!